Tupelo Small Animal Hospital - Surgery
Our highly skilled veterinary team is experienced in the most common surgical procedures. We perform ovariohysterectomys (spays) and neuters, declaws, tumor removal, abdominal surgeries, and some orthopedic procedures, all under the safest possible anesthetic protocol-md-6 and with the utmost attention to patient monitoring. We strive to make our patients and their families as comfortable as possible, from your pre-surgical consultation to your pet’s dismissal and aftercare. We’re with you every step of the way, applying our commitment and expertise to ensure a safe procedure and a speedy recovery.
For scheduled surgeries, we recommend a Pre-Surgical visit, which includes:
- Physical exam
- Blood work to minimize anesthetic risks
- Updating vaccinations if necessary
- Discussing the surgical procedure
- Answering any questions you may have about the procedure
- Discussing any possible complications that may result
Our surgeries include the following:
- Precise monitoring of your pets heart rate, pulse, oxygen saturation levels, temperature, and blood pressure
- Fluids when recommended to help maintain hydration during the surgery
- Pain management before, during, and after your pet’s surgery
- Our staff will monitor your pet throughout his or her surgical process, from placing him or her under anesthesia, through the surgical procedure, and during his or her recovery from anesthesia
- Our staff will call you with an update once your pet has recovered from anesthesia
Important Information for Your Pet’s Surgery
- No food after 8 pm the day before the surgery.
- Please arrive during your scheduled admittance time.
- Please notify us of any medications given 24 hours prior to surgery.
- Depending on the type of surgery your pet is receiving, he or she may be required to spend one night with us for further monitoring of his or her recovery. Your veterinarian will discuss this with you at your pre-surgical visit.